Tuesday, June 21, 2005

BULLET WITH BUTTERFLY THINGS

Rob sent me a really interesting link from Yahoo! today:

Rocker Corgan to reform Smashing Pumpkin
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Singer Billy Corgan said on Tuesday he plans to revive The Smashing Pumpkins, his Grammy-winning band which broke up in 2000 after more than a decade of blending alternative rock with the avant-garde.


In full-page advertisements in Chicago newspapers, the bald-headed Corgan said, "I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams."


The article goes on to say that they don't know which former members of the band have agreed to to join Billy, so I texted James Iha and I'm waiting to hear back to find out if he'sone of them. Uh... watch this space, i guess.

What's Rob's take on the situation: "billy seems like that one friend you have that always bounces between relationships and keeps saying they're in love and then changes their mind a week later."

If this does happen, I wouldn't be surprised if Mikey Way suffers from a mysterious illness that causes him to leave the MCR tour for a couple of weeks while he goes off and follows the Pumpkins around the world like he would've when we were 18 if he had the funds.

No comments: